Prospective applicants must first complete SCL application form and submit to the college together with the original qualification documents and passport for identification purposes.
Entry Requirements for HND Courses
- Must be 18 years and above
- One GCE A level pass in a relevant subject and 3 passes at GCSE level
- A Level 3 qualification
- 3 GCSE passes with a minimum 3 years’ work experience in a business or hospitality field
- English Language – at B2 or IELTS level 5.5
Mature applicants – Mature applicants – a minimum of 3 years work experience at supervisory level and meet the English language requirement.
- The next stage requires having a discussion with the Admissions Officer who discusses the details of the HND programme and ascertains whether applicant is suitable for the programme in terms of background, interest and expression.
- Applicants also have opportunity to ask further questions about the programme to be clear on whether the programme serves their interests and future career aspirations.
- will be informed about funding availability and how to apply and re-pay loan
- EU students must be living in the UK for 5 years and UK students must be living in the UK for minimum 3 years to qualify for Student Finance.
- Finally, applicants at this stage are requested to take numeracy and literacy tests. This helps to identify whether applicants on admission might require some support to achieve the aims of the programme.
- The Admissions Officer informs the applicants that the outcomes will be communicated to them after consideration by Academic Board.
- Admissions Department screens applicants as meeting the requirements and forwards the list to Academic Board for consideration and approval.
- Upon approval, Academic Board communicates with Director of Studies, Admissions Department and Principal on the final list.
- Director of Studies issues letters of offer of admission to successful applicants.
- Unsuccessful students will be informed within 3 weeks
Successful students will be invited to attend Induction Sessions. Information will be given about courses commencement on the day.